The electronic Public Register (ePR) service is run by the Environment Agency. You do not need to register or provide any personal information in order the use the service or its associated APIs. We will handle any information that you do give us according to the Environment Agency personal information charter.
Information that you provide to us if you submit a query using our online enquiries form or if you contact our National Customer Contact Centre will be used to respond to your query. It may also be used to assess customer satisfaction with our service and improve our communications.
We may also use the personal information you give us to:
- contact you about our customer service
- send you environmental information, or consult you on environmental issues
- carry out research on environmental issues
- prevent someone from breaking environmental laws, or investigate and take action when someone may have broken environmental laws
- respond to freedom of information requests (if data protection laws let us)
We may pass on your personal information to our agents or representatives so that they can do any of these things on our behalf. And we may share your personal information with other organisations if the law says we have to do so.