We are currently working on improving the Public Registers Online services. You can help us identify potential areas for improvement by completing the following short survey. Thank you to all those who have provided their feedback so far.
beta This is a trial service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

About the public registers

The Environment Agency licenses industry, business and individuals to carry out certain activities that have the potential to pollute the environment. When we receive an application for such a licence, we make that application and other relevant information available to the public. We do this before we make the decision of whether to issue the licence, or what conditions we will attach to it.

After any permit is issued, further information is also made available on the registers. This can typically include monitoring information, details of any breaches of the terms of the licence, any enforcement actions that we have carried out and any applications to vary the terms of the licence.

Carriers and brokers registered with the Scottish Environment Protection Agency are also authorised to operate in England and Wales. You can check companies registered in Scotland.

Carriers and brokers registered with the Natural Resources Wales are also authorised to operate in England and Scotland. You can check companies and individuals registered in Wales.

If the Carrier or Broker you are looking for does not appear on the register, please check this with us by calling 03708 506 506.

Related links

What do the registers cover?
What's in your back yard (WIYBY)?
UNECE Aarhus web site